WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET FORWARD IN YOUR PIANO PLAYING SKILLS?
Would you like to learn new piano pieces and take your technique to the next level? What about learning to accompany with chords in a versatile way? In this course, you will learn effective training methods that will surely improve you! With the versatile course, you will enrich the different areas of your playing technique and your expressiveness, learn new songs, learn to accompany basic chords in different ways while strengthening your knowledge of keys, develop as an improviser and, if you wish, know how to transpose familiar tunes to different pitches. Sounds great, doesn't it? And it is!
WHO IS THE LEVEL 1 COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
The LEVEL 1 course is suitable for a player who knows the basics of piano playing and wants to develop further into a skilled player. The level of the course roughly corresponds to the basic level 1 of the music college (old 1/3, excluding the very basics). The course consists of 15 lessons that are broad and versatile in content. The material is available for one year from the start of the course, so you can study according to your own schedule when it suits you.
IN THE LEVEL 1 COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- to play new nice songs that represent different styles and periods
- to develop your playing technique to a whole new level
- to accompany with chords in a versatile way
- to improvise their own songs
- to transpose, i.e. move familiar melodies to different pitches
In the LEVEL 1 course we travel along a fun path of keys, along which the following 10 keys become familiar: C major & A minor, G major & E minor, F major & D minor, D major & B minor, and B major & G minor
In the lessons, we alternately delve into each of the above types of music by studying :
- the song in that key
- a scale with triads & cadences that develops finger and playing technique
- a song accompanied in different ways by the I-IV-V chords belonging to the keys (you will also learn the basic chord symbols of these chords)
- improvising based on the I-IV-V chords of each key in turn
Between delving into major-minor couples about every 3rd lesson :
- we also study songs of different styles, which bring additional spice
- we learn to chord melodies ourselves
- traditional Finnish folk tunes are transposed into different keys
- wider improvisation ensembles are practiced
In addition, you will learn many other things, e.g.:
- enrichment of expressiveness
- keyboard control and note reading skills from the large octave range to the 2-line octave range (in the range of four octaves)
- pedal operation
- new time values
- new rhythms
- raised and lowered notes, with which the black keys become familiar
- dynamics on a wider scale (pp, mp, p, mf, f, ff)
- new rhythmic genres
- more music vocabulary